PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do I see this as another expensive PFI farce wrapped up under a new name
Old 14th Sep 2023, 09:51
Davef68

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Not_a_boffin
Penny has been banging on about these for years - ever since she was i/c international aid.

That the announcement - which btw is nothing more than a press release trailing the idea and definitively not a funding commitment or build contract announcement - is timed to coincide with London International Shipping Week, screams attempt to generate publicity and interest for these in the maritime industry. It's no coincidence they have a "Donate" crowdfunding function on their page.

If you're interested, it's this lot.....

Britannia Maritime Aid | Ruling the Waves
So completely different from the Voyager or Point class deals, other than they might be looking for some Govt contracts/funding

Re the Points - I think 4 of the original 6 are still on contract, the other two having been released and sold in 2011/12. There is a contract up for grabs for a 5 year Sealift contract from 2025 as a replacement/extension.(most likely an extension as I can't see someone coming in with a lower bid with new ships)