PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPs debate implications of insolvent ATOs
Old 13th Sep 2023, 22:08
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have listened to the Westminster debate and clearly HMG needs to progress matters. You can train at FTE Jerez for a UK licence, but without any VAT charged. This needs to be the case in the UK as well for professional training.
The time will come when financial protection exists similar to airline passengers when the operator ceases trading.

Interesting how BA, Aer Lingus & Tui now recognise the need to sponsor pilots on ab initio courses.

For those without ready funds, obtain your class one medical, get a job, and go down the far cheaper route of modular training.
Asking parents to remortgage the house has been shown to be a risky business. I suspect parents haven’t done sufficient research as to the option for licence issue. Integrated courses are expensive & not the only option, whereas Modular can work equally as well.
The choice of modular school is important. An abundance of previous advice has been provided (note 1)
Junior birdmen should study it carefully.

Disclosure: I was a “self improver” prior to JAR/EASA under CAA CAP54 last century. Worked shifts, instructed part time, sat the written exams & the flying tests for licence issue. If you are determined enough to do it, you will succeed WITHOUT parental support.

note 1: apart from my previous posts (due diligence etc) ‘rudestuff’ and others provided sound advise on training matters.

Last edited by parkfell; 13th Sep 2023 at 22:15. Reason: Additional information