PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JUSTICE SERVED!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2023, 09:48
gordonfvckingramsay

Received 741 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by pppdrive
I'm not a Union fan by any standards but I must say they've done well for the sacked workers, all credit to them. Now that Qantas has been proven to have illegally sacked all those workers, how about they are forced to pay every single worker their back pay from the day they were illegally sacked up until the day when each worker receives all of their due back pay. Then look at how much to fine Qantas. I'd suggest an amount to make sure they never pull another trick like that again. What do you think 100 million, 500 million and how about adding that the current Board and Executives are all given their marching orders (back-dated for Joyce so he doesn't get away with it) and not allowed to become Board Members or hold Executive positions within Australia ever again. Might make them think about what they did. A bit harsh do I hear, well just how harsh was it on all the workers who suddenly didn't have a job because Joyce and others wanted to save money to pay themselves more. Paul
Don’t forget, unions exist because of this kind of arrogance and lack of basic decency; employers caused unionism. Employers have exploited their workers as far back as the Industrial Revolution and beyond. It was the united front from the staff that allowed any form of push back.

And no, your suggestion is not harsh, if anything it’s too soft. Industrial Revolution conditions is what CEOs want, I’d suggest Industrial Revolution punishments are what they deserve.
The following users liked this post: