PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2023, 08:13
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
What pisses me off SO MUCH - is that Qantas WAS Australian. You gave your all for it like you were in the trenches. Because you represented Australia every single time you put your uniform on.

Joyce and his coterie of enablers completely trashed that legacy. From WWII to the ‘Freedom Birds’ leaving Saigon, Qantas was the surrogate (and corporate) ambassador of Australia. What the Strong/Dixon and Joyce (off the charts) era has done is to prove to the world Australia is all about what’s in it for me.

I’m happy people are realising what has happened.

Im absolutely disgusted it has been done to something that I once thought was a sacrosanct national icon.

What an absolute debacle, On the scale of Enron and Madoff. And yes there are fiscal parallels but none of those rorts tampered with what was perceived around the globe as Australian.

Thats why I’m angry. Nuremburg style cleansing is required to fix this. It isn’t enough that the CEO has run away to the VERY tax effective jurisdiction of Ireland - this has to be a root to branch cleansing.

If this were the French Revolution there would be a VERY well used guillotine outside QCC.

A post script to this. I’m very right wing. VERY. But what staff have witnessed is destruction of everything they held (and were taught to hold) dear. Anyone reading this needs to know the start of ‘Union troubles’ at Qf were a result of cost cutting WAY beyond the pale. Cost cutting to the point of rape is where I saw valuable staff simply give up and accept that everyone at the company was into getting as much money out them as you could.

Just disgusting.

Last edited by V-Jet; 13th Sep 2023 at 08:25.
The following users liked this post: