PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2023
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2023, 16:42
CatmanSlim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thunderbird96
Hi everyone, got invited today, honestly totally shocked, I have a finance background and thought I did very average in the online assessment. Although I did submit a cover letter through some 3rd party to try to explain the move from an office job to the cockpit lol, not sure if that ever reached them though as I then got a link to apply again with no option for cover letter
I, too, work in finance currently and tried to make the jump to the cockpit. Unfortunately I think I was one of the very first to receive a rejection email lol heartbreaking but in hindsight, I can see where the majority of my errors were. Could have and should have done a lot better on the assessments although I have never been invited to interview for a job which required a personality workplace assessment thing. Good luck though!

Edit: I submitted a cover letter too but I really don't think it makes a difference. Might show you are keen to show your interests and that but otherwise I dont feel it will weigh too heavily on their decision.