PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2023, 08:11
Xulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is amazing to see the mental gymnastics a RYR pilot will perform to persuade himself he has the best job in the World. Coming to the ME takes balls. Moving job takes balls. Leaving your comfort zone takes balls. If you want to stay home with your mummy doing your laundry, that's fine - but tell it how it is.

I was ex-loco, most of us were - there is no way in hell I or anyone of us would go back unless under exceptional circumstances. The only people that ever go to loco from EK, are people that never tried it before. People at every airline like to complain, but don't take it too seriously.

We have an infinitely better and more interesting life here, and we know it. That's why we stay. That's why there isn't a thread about EK pilots trying to get into RYR....

About 0.2% of EK pilots post on prune. You are bouncing your doom off people that have previously quit, been fired or are generally depressed people. Of course you'll find some people here to confirm your bias.

You're the cliche boy who never left his home town, when all his school friends went to the city. What do you think all the city boys come to think of their old school friend? That's what I think of you.

Convincing yourself it's the safer option, too risky to leave - what if you fail, what if the market collapses, what if you don't make friends?

But I understand, many people struggle with the decision. And it comes down to being scared of change.

You'll soon realise 3k euros wont cut it for adulthood. There's more to life than loco until you're 65, and your aspirations may grow beyond taking your mum to Benidorm on holiday.

There is so much out there in the World to see and experience. You have a unique opportunity through flying - Dont waste it at RYR.