PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just How Badly Can You Treat Passengers - And Get Away With It?
Old 8th Sep 2023, 12:34
Uplinker

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts
I checked with Mrs Uplinker, (a purser on wide-body airliners, who also worked on the narrow-body fleet):

Yes, we carried about 4-5 spare seat cushions on each aircraft for this exact eventuality, (as well as passengers wetting themselves, or spilling drinks or food). The engineers would check on the stock of spare cushions and replenish them if required.

Mrs U once physically cut away and removed a complete seat pocket after a passenger had been sick in that, and no amount of cleaning could remove the smell.

So it can be done, service can be good, as you would reasonably expect it to be in situations like this.

PS, if an airline cannot afford to carry a few spare seat cushions on every aircraft, they are not charging enough for their tickets, or they are taking too much profit out of the airline.

Originally Posted by WillowRun 6-3
........that really unmistakable odor. Some clown had puked.......
my bold: Trust me, nobody wants to puke on purpose, or for a laugh........It is an automatic emergency response.