PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2023, 11:34
boredintheairport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
Agreed disappointing.

This simply creams off traffic in high season.

Should be year round daily given the size of Manchester on the international stage.
'creams off traffic in high season'. Yes, what is the problem? If an airline has a fixed number of assets it will choose the strategy that optimises their financial position which will mean making decisions. If this means that there are only fares worth going after in the summer (e.g. higher priced direct flights), then that is what they will do? The same reason there is quite a bit of seasonality to places like the Med. Both (bits of) Canada and Manchester are pretty bleak in the winter.

I'm not sure what size on the international stage means, nor how it is operationalised. The number I'm fairly sure Air Canada is looking for is likely number of seats to be sold at their target price and target yield. I'm not sure 'we feel important' is a hugely important metric for them.

Moreover, given Air Canada as an experience is only slightly better than swimming to Canada, I'm not sure why you would be desperate to have their service?