PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ RPPP (regional pilot priority process)
Old 8th Sep 2023, 04:37
Bmozzle

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
As per my original post, I acknowledged it’s only a small minority and most have no issues. Jets aren’t “harder” and neither are T-Props. They’re simply different and the examples I gave are common areas where the few are struggling. But I stand by my comment of Jets being less forgiving if you fall behind, and yes, I have sat in the LHS of both.

The training system has been robust enough for the last 20 odd years with failures being extremely rare, until they removed the filter and it’s increased 10 fold.
The filter you talk about? I hate to break it to you but it is the same filter that people have to pass through to go to TP anyway. Statistically, there will always be a small minority that may have issues in times of increased hiring. This would be the case even if TP pilots were forced into 2nd interviews OR if hiring was 100% external.

6 Months in the LHS of a B1900d doesn't count sorry, that operation is so far removed from the modern TP environment.

If the training system is so robust why is it being changed? Turns out it has nothing to do with the people it's training and more to do with it being out of step with other airlines.

Increased 10-fold, lol.... as demonstrated from previous posts on a variety of threads, you don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
The following users liked this post: