PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 7th Sep 2023, 23:28
Trollhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
Interesting. So there are still some opportunities available to low-time E3s.

I assume they don't have FAA tickets.

I haven't heard about any such activities from other US regionals but it could be happening and the info just has not made it to the public arena. I thought Breeze was hiring E3s but now I'm not sure.
Perhaps the public arena bit is key,

See Ive heard its still quite active from other Australians here in Europe people getting messages and pings from old expat agency registrations etc, happy to be told I'm wrong as I've not actually applied anywhere, but is this from applying to airlines directly and being told they are no longer accepting?

It seems many have taken recruitment agency contracts. Agencies make eyebrows raise and some are probably scams but traditionally its super rare for an expat to be able to apply directly to a company on their own national website so maybe its just a strategic shift away from publicly advertising so much? Especially as there has been a few grumbles starting about it after late last year when ALPA spotted Spirit heading down under for recruitment seminars and started lobbying to have Airline Pilot removed as a specialty occupation. Could be the airlines just starting to keep their heads down a bit more when importing workers as is generally done worldwide?

CommuteAir still has E3 on their website (would be interested if anyone has been told they are closed also) but yes like you say many no longer have it public.

Again, not looked into this all that much so keen to know If people are really shooting for it and missing?