PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commuting from Australia to work for Atlas
Old 7th Sep 2023, 19:23
TinFoilhat2

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Commute

Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
LOSTW

I know quite a few blokes who are doin exactly that with Atlas. They are making it work no problem. It is not going to suit every one.
heaps of guys are commuting with National, and loving it.

I have reviewed your posts since 2018. Every single post of yours is gloom and doom and pessimism. You have been continually wrong at every turn. You were predicting the demise of the E3 since 2018.
There is no sign of a cargo bust. My company has just acquired 2 more 747s. Kalitta have just acquired 17 more 777s and are screaming for pilots. UPS has had an amazing pay raise in the last 12 months. Putin is continuing to provide lucrative business for defence contractors.

I have mates in Spirit who are loving the flying, the roster and the pay, They are on an E3 (not commuting from Oz obviously).

So, my advice is, for those who are game, by all means come on over to the US. It is better than Aus aviation in every single metric.
National offers a guaranteed paid for ticket to get to work and back, Atlas does not with regards to overseas commuting from Australia. Atlas only offers gateway travel from a US city, huge difference compared to home basing.

Commuting from Australia for ATLAS is just mental.