PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A.S.T. Perth (Scone) 1966
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2023, 09:25
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
A>S>T>Perth (Scone) 1966

I'm sure I waded through all of this before. Fearsome read. Brings back very fond memories.

With all the photos and name dropping, forgive me Chris, I think I emailed a Question and "Offchocks", just PM'd you. My interest was in the DanAir cadet. Was that Hassan ?

Long lost contact but at our last meeting, "Hoss" revealed that he was sponsored to AST by DanAir. Jaw dropped as I thought I knew everything about sponsored pilot training and while being aware of the occasional one-odd deal, had no idea Dan did that. Hass failed to expand the conversation but giggled an awful lot.

Sadly, we lost contact.

Sponsored pilot training and names popped up again in the local, co-incident with AST thread rising up again. I was able to determine that Dan DID sponsor one bloke and whiles unable to verify the story, even knew the rotter.

Blimey, had I known DA was sponsoring, I would have joined as a Loader, worked my way into Ops, got my big Sis(Ops Sec) to to do unheard of things to secure my sponsorship. Gosh, might have even joined the Withdean Lodge..............oh ok, i'll stop there....................