PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2023, 19:08
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
Exactly- its not being a "troll" to point out facts that affect almost every Airport in Europe (and even the USA in places) - when you see the possibility of AMS being trimmed down you have to realise that not everyone thinks that airports are wonderful. The danger is that the anti- group is growing steadily in many countries. The smaller the airport the more likely that someone will decide to take a pop at it

Is that so? So tell me, if I go and check all the other airport threads I will see you and the aptly named pain in the R’s posting the same dose of reality on those threads? Doubt it. I have never seen another thread on this forum abused as much as the SOU one. Fair enough if it’s reasoned debate but people talking about the airport being closed for housing at a time when they have just invested lots of money in a new runway has no logic to it. It’s just someone racked with insecurities and rather than addressing them tries to make everyone else feel as bad as they do i.e. a troll.

Are you suggesting the AMS route is potentially at risk because of it’s performance rather that the well publicised clampdown by the Dutch government on flights?