PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commuting from Australia to work for Atlas
Old 6th Sep 2023, 13:41
Capn Rex Havoc

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
LOSTW
Commuting to the US to work for Atlas? Wow. I can't believe anyone would even think about doing that. Probably not the most stable job out there either as cargo demand continues to decline as fast as it is doing so. When you have UPS on the verge of possible furloughs and relatively senior FedEx pilots jumping ship to DL/UA, could be some interesting times ahead.
I know quite a few blokes who are doin exactly that with Atlas. They are making it work no problem. It is not going to suit every one.
heaps of guys are commuting with National, and loving it.

I have reviewed your posts since 2018. Every single post of yours is gloom and doom and pessimism. You have been continually wrong at every turn. You were predicting the demise of the E3 since 2018.
There is no sign of a cargo bust. My company has just acquired 2 more 747s. Kalitta have just acquired 17 more 777s and are screaming for pilots. UPS has had an amazing pay raise in the last 12 months. Putin is continuing to provide lucrative business for defence contractors.

I have mates in Spirit who are loving the flying, the roster and the pay, They are on an E3 (not commuting from Oz obviously).

So, my advice is, for those who are game, by all means come on over to the US. It is better than Aus aviation in every single metric.
The following 6 users liked this post by Capn Rex Havoc: