PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bankstown Light Aircraft Lane.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2004, 16:32
Steve Hungerford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking about infringements of the CLL 700 step just north of YSSY and east of the lane, a while back now i was doing aeros just north east of WAD and monitoring 124.55 (which happened to be paired to 125.8) and i heard some light humour...an aircraft was bumbling its way towards LRF who had started heading east just after parramatta and was carving the 700' step up, the controller repeatedly told him that he was infringing syd airspace etc etc and after about 2 minutes of this he requested clearance for hbr orbits and he was told that clearance wouldnt be available due to his recent escapades, hahahaha (understandably the control had other things to do!) it was a while back and i cant remember the aircraft, it did have a dodgy radio tho. the funny thing (nearly made me fall out of a loop ) he got to LRF and requested clearance for orbits!! its a worry isnt it.

but back on topic of the BK lane.....its really pretty much already come out so far in discussion but yeh monitor 125.8 in lane and stick to the right handside as shown on the VTC and lookout and no radio calls should be required unless operationally required for safety.....so like i typically if conducting orbits/airwork over an area in close proximity to the lane i might slip in a quick call on 125.8

cheers guys,