PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas, Alan Joyce’s personal play thing.
Old 4th Sep 2023, 00:40
Lookleft

Received 209 Likes on 99 Posts
But as usual QF cops it all. I see the media have made a mountain of how some washed up AFL “star” had a sook on TV about his flight being pushed back a few hours, as if it was the end of the world and from now on he’s only flying VA despite QF having a much better OTP (71% vs 59%) and lower cancellation rate (3.8% to 5.6%) than VA in the latest BITRE stats. And I believe Spud Dutton had to throw the boot in as well this morning.

Just the typical pile on.
Your attitude reminds me of the response to the appalling LOSA on the 747 fleet in the early noughties. "We mark ourselves harder than other airlines" "The auditors are biased against Qantas" "Other airlines are too easy on themselves". The audit result was spot on and it led to the vertical promotion policy. Its not a pile on, its simply that what has been known internally is now in the public domain. Qantas has controlled the media narrative for a long time and now it can't. Hopefully the long suffering staff of the Qantas Group can see the Emperor publicly dethroned.