PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas, Alan Joyce’s personal play thing.
Old 3rd Sep 2023, 06:54
cLeArIcE

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Not just QR, there were plenty of foreign carriers funded with Australian taxpayer handouts to operate pax and cargo flights and some of those carriers were fully foreign state backed as well.

But as usual QF cops it all. I see the media have made a mountain of how some washed up AFL “star” had a sook on TV about his flight being pushed back a few hours, as if it was the end of the world and from now on he’s only flying VA despite QF having a much better OTP (71% vs 59%) and lower cancellation rate (3.8% to 5.6%) than VA in the latest BITRE stats. And I believe Spud Dutton had to throw the boot in as well this morning.

Just the typical pile on.
I 100% agree with you but, it's all symptomatic of a company that has put short term profit ahead of long term success and a toxic management culture that treats staff and customers with utter contempt. Joyce and the board are absolutely the driver of that and it's good to see questions being asked about the way they conduct business. (Finally)

There is huge damage being done to the brand but, maybe this is the pain we need to endure to see systematic changes at all levels. Aren't you sick of being treated like garbage and part of a working environment where all of your colleagues absolutely hate the company to such an extent they go out of their way to **** it over in every way.

Although I fear that when the next outrage hits the 24 hour news cycle we will all go back to the status quo. Joyce will sail off into the sunset with his millions and Vanessa will increase the beatings further until morale improves.
The following 3 users liked this post by cLeArIcE: