PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huey Incident ?
Thread: Huey Incident ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2004, 15:21
francois marais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Bert, thanks for your input.

You've been here, seen the operation, flew the Huey etc, and you know how we go about conducting our business. Fact of the matter is that some people can simply not come to terms with the success of the Huey, and are out to malign it in each and every possible way. False allegations and idiotic rumours are just a small part as to what lengths these boys will go. It really sucks!

Just to set the record straight, I was not flying the Huey last Saturday. It was Gary. There was absolutely nothing sinister about the whole exercise. He performed a normal and usual landing, and during the flare for touch down encountered a compressor stall. Well, the rest is history. There were no pax on board, only the 2 crew members. No one got hurt, the machine was not damaged in any way (The nespaper pictures shows that as well) so I personally can not understand the sensation. There must be a reason for it?????

Sabotage is definately not ruled out. We are considering the options at this time. Bear in mind that sabotage is attempted murder, because if I sabotage your aircraft, I'm trying to murder you. THAT is the saddest part of all. Has the Huey now become such a threat that some people have to stoop to these levels?

what next????