PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOP GUN : Inside the RAF (where did it go?)
Old 2nd Sep 2023, 16:19
HOVIS

Received 87 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Video Mixdown
A few days ago I was at the supermarket checkout and the lady on the till had just received a text message from her son, and was fizzing with pride that he had just passed his Army driving test. A small thing, you might think, but I mentioned that I had had been in the RAF, said that I believed life in the military is what you make it and that I wished her son every success. I suspect that most of those airing their minor gripes here still look back on their time in uniform with pleasure and pride, remembering the unique experiences, achievements and friendships they had along he way. Of course you have to take the rough with the smooth, but that is true in every walk of life - as the saying goes, if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined. If they're anything like me they're not much interested in the opinion of failed air cadets and the other civilian clingons that hang around here.
Who said I was a failed cadet? 😁
I have nothing but admiration for the armed forces and those that make a career in them. It just wasn't for me.
Nice to see that you are so uninterested that you posted a 19 line rant though. 🙄