PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Secret airspace meeting at Bankstown Airport
Old 2nd Sep 2023, 03:53
flyinghorseman

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Dick Smith
Yesterday afternoon at Bankstown, there was a meeting to discuss the airspace changes necessary for the implementation of the Nancy Bird Walton Airport in western Sydney.

I was sent an email invitation, but unfortunately I could not go as attendance at the meeting required the signing of a “confidentiality agreement”. I have never signed one of those and I don’t intend to now, or in the future.

I would have thought the airspace discussion would be completely open – because when it comes to air safety, there should be no secrets.

Having been involved in airspace over the years, I can see that it will be a great challenge in getting an appropriate design. I just hope the powers that be have made use of airspace experts from the USA – especially those that are familiar with the airspace in the LA basin. After all, we copied the Victor lane and the helicopter lanes on Sydney Harbour from the USA and they seem to work satisfactorily.

I just hope it is not going to be an all Australian unique design that has no similarities to airspace used anywhere else in the world.
Dick,

If you have such an aversion to confidentiality agreements why did you insist on using them when negotiating contracts with your suppliers at Dick Smith Foods?

Just asking for a friend..