PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2023, 04:03
PiperCameron

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by BPilot11
Hi all,

I am at the stage in my life where I need to make the decision for applying to universities as I am nearing completion of year 12.

However, I have had the passion for flying commercially for many years and with uncertainty in the industry of getting jobs from being a fresh CPL student, I am really stuck with what to choose. I am currently looking to do the Swinburne Bachelor of Aviation course, or the Bachelor of Information Technology and later look to fly in my free time and build enough hours (as a flight instructor if I did flight school) to apply to airlines or other charter companies. I also currently hold no pilot license.

I have also been researching the Qantas Pilot Academy program to see if this is another potential option to get my foot into the aviation industry as a pilot.

I would really appreciate advice on the best way to approach this.
First off, welcome to the forum! The Swinburne course or QPA are both good options and a few other Unis around Australia also offer aviation degrees (including B.Bus Av), so if you're willing to move it would be worth considering them.

With pilots in high demand both now and projected to remain so into the future, the world is your oyster right now. Good luck and I wish you well on your journey - it's an exciting one!