PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2023, 02:19
Clare Prop

Received 242 Likes on 111 Posts
Absolutely right 43" on post 323, and all the more reason why they need to know what the standard is. We refer to the units of competency pre and post flight when debriefing so we all know exactly what is expected and what they are signing. I'm university educated so I tend to reference everything, we both know how much hearsay and old wives tales abound in this industry and I am absolutely a pedant.
It's really not too much to expect them to do a bit of homework and have some curiosity and interest in their own progress, or to say "I would like to do a bit more work on my steep turns" etc. It's a two way street in adult education. But the signed document is evidence in the worst case scenario if they say eg "You never taught LJ how to do a missed approach"! you do have some comeback.

How often has that happened? AFAIK never, in Australia but the MOS is the book they will throw at you if it does.
There was this case in Scotland in 2002, which makes interesting reading, including how the family tried to apply shariah law in a Scottish court.... MOHAMMED ALI SHAHER AND OTHERS v. BRITISH AEROSPACE FLYING COLLEGE LIMITED (scotcourts.gov.uk)

and the Pprune thread at the time UK Court finds Instructor negligent in fatal training accident. - PPRuNe Forums