PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2023, 21:35
PPRuNeUser0195

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123
agree re. your comment on sittings and timeline, but disagree with your statement on demographic.

With these opportunities comes an element of risk for BA - they need highly skilled competent people who can digest the sheer volume of theory in the ATPLs and pass all flight training exams.

Being a modular student and having some ATPLs under your belt, doesn’t necessarily mean you can and will get to the end goal of funding all the training.
So your assumption is inaccurate. I wouldn’t call a 30k loan a “plan”.
I’m sorry but I disagree. A £30k loan is exactly that, a plan. You plan to take a loan out to finish the training. In the same way that some peoples plan is to take a loan out for an integrated course. Some people don’t have the luxury of being able to just get a £30k loan to pay for flying as they have other commitments, families, mortgage etc - so this scheme is perfectly suited for them. If you have started your ATPL exams then you will be viewed as having a long term plan. Let’s face it, the ATPLs are a hard slog to get through if you don’t think you can finish training!