PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2023, 15:14
Capn Rex Havoc

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
DRE
​​​​​​For one of the endorsements he sought, the FIR-MCP for multi crew training an airline TRI/TRE would have far more relevant experience of training in multi crew operations on aircraft that actually require 2 pilots over a RAAF QFI, yet I don’t believe they are granted the endorsement to train for the Multi crew co-operation course with their TRI/TRE qualification (happy to be corrected if wrong).
Two issues here.
1. I have never commented on any other aspect of his submissions, just the Grade 1 certification.

2. All RAAF QFIs in the transport world, did the CFS instructor course, and usually (but not always time at 1FTS or 2 FTS) before returning to their squadron to do training on that platform, eg Hercs, Caribous, 707s etc.

I don't know what you are smoking, but I simply don't understand this pre occupation of yours to think that a civilian airline TRI could or should train in the RAAF world.

To become a TRI in the civilian airlines you have to be a line pilot, keep out of **** with management, maybe do an interview for the job, then do a bit of sim training then you are let loose.
I am all for your TRIs teaching in the RAAF, just let them pass a wings pilots course first, then pass CFS QFIs course.

​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post: