PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2023
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2023, 13:54
CatmanSlim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DizzyLizzy1712
yes it was I don’t have any experience only a few flying lessons I’m a young carer so my finances aren’t enough for a PPL etc. but it’s been a dream of mines since I was very young and I hope one day it can become a reality for myself and many many others just honoured to have gotten this far and appreciate the experience of applying etc ))
This was my first time also. I'm 34 so pushing it a bit with regards to age but I had never heard of these Future Pilot Programs until I met my wife's colleague's husband lol he completed the course in the 2019 intake and my mind was blown when he was telling me about it. Really wish I had caught wind of it earlier but hey ho. Anyways, I was chatting to this guy who is currently a pilot with Aer Lingus and he told me not to worry and that "nobody gets through it on their first go". I'm sure there would be a rare exception but I understand Aer Lingus are fond of those who are returning applicants. It shows determination, would be my guess. Keep at it!