PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2023, 11:28
Aussie Bob

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks Clare, but there is one thing:

That is the purpose of the syllabus which will be in the ops manual of the part 141 or 142 organisation.
The Part 141 operation I work for has no syllabus in their ops manual. The cops manual was written by CASA and it points to the CASA syllabus which is downloaded and printed prior to each lesson. In reality the download remains on the office computer. CASA tell us (verbally) that we need to make sure that the same version Is used and student files should not contain copies of multiple versions.This syllabus (surely you have seen it) is convoluted repetitive and very time consuming prompting "tick (number) a box and move on. The student signs each lesson as having been completed when the instructor deems the lesson complete.

if the worst should happen and we have to prove in a court of law that we covered everything, the old subjective "little Johnny did some quite good landings today" just won't cut it. Nor will instructing in the ADF.
I don't normally comment on things jurisdictional but I can't help but wonder if little Johnny's signature in a box on the CASA syllabus would cut it either.