PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2023, 06:21
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123
this is a real shame. I’m a few years in to my modular journey, and I dedicate almost every minute of my spare time (alongside a full time job) to get as much done as I can to fulfil my dream.

I literally bank on these opportunities. I see them as a golden ticket to the flight deck. I am quite surprised as most cadet schemes allow some ATPL exams. A lot of good pilots will fall between the cracks here if this is the case.
I imagined that having some ATPLs under your belt would reassure BA that you are competent in the most difficult part of the whole course, as most will know - the ATPLs require a lot of hard work and dedication.
It has always been the case. It can get real fiddly if you’ve already had sittings. I’d suggest you’re perhaps mistaken by the type of cadet programmes on offer if they accept ATPL attempts. Big difference between a cadet programme and just getting a type rating somewhere.

You either go the Modular route, generally the better route anyway, or hold out for one of these schemes, you can’t do both.