PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C210 down Groote Eylandt
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2023, 21:18
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
Prelim Report has been released.

Vapour lock? I recall the FAA in the 90s released some info about that in regards to specific 210s.

Obviously not a great result in regards to the forced landing attempt, no idea what the landing intention here was. I am sure the PIC won't need to tell everyone it wasn't their finest hour, startle might have caught this person out considering they are what appears fresh CPL, sounds like a WTF is the aircraft doing, and what do I do sort of thing. Not great landing at those speeds with flap retracted. Very lucky they all made it out alive.
It is not a function of the ATSB to apportion blame or provide a means for determining liability.
That function is left to PPRuNers❗️

The C210 has a history of vaporisation of fuel in the system, first advised by Cessna in 1979.
Saw a video of pax who were on FTM at the time, and they stated that they were lucky the pilot landed in a clear area, and not in the (huge) trees, or the sea.

A good mate of mine - highly experienced - succumbed to his injuries after attempting a turnback following an EFATO at YCAB.

”partial” power loss means the remaining power is totally unreliable, and could suddenly quit - the best option is going to be it is restored, but if that did happen, it’s still going to be a return to land to find out wtf went wrong.

A bounced landing on a mining road - who would have thought 🤣