PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nearly 5,000 Commercial Pilots Are Under Investigation For Hiding Health Problems
Old 30th Aug 2023, 07:22
421dog

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by 20driver
I have no problem with any of the doctors that did my third class medicals but being an AME is not a bad gig. Rather lucrative. The guy who did the medicals at my local airport used the airport provided office and would rake it in. 10 years ago my third class was $125 cash and he did 100 people on a Sunday. I signed in at 0930 and was #48. I was out by 10:00. Most were Continental pilots getting a 1st class who I think paid $300.
As for the article it made no sense to me. Common knowledge that the FAA has being cross referencing disability claims. As they do DUI's.
You are not adding much to the level of discourse here…
The “cross referencing” of DUIs is actually a query of the driver database (which is why you check the box that says you aren’t lying on the 8500-8)
The real cross referencing of the pilot database and theVA database just happened within the past year or so and was a new one-off initiative.

Your assertion that an AME did “100 medicals on a Sunday” is absurd

The simplest third class takes at least 30 minutes to perform and another 15 to enter into AMCS, so you’re good for about 1.25 medicals/hr.

Stop making stuff up…