PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brit girl arrested for bomb "joke"
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2004, 06:57
Coconuts

Red face

I travelled to the US & Canada last year & found security & immigration okay. Maybe cause I complied with them, remained panfaced & kept from making any wisecracks (a very difficult feat for me). I was apologetic if need be (definitely needed at the Canadian border when reentering the US with a soaked passport, my eh waterproof moneybelt wasn't as waterproof as I thought & my visa waver form looked like a smudge).

Immigration & airport security have so much power in the jurisdiction of their own jobs that it never pays to be smart, back answer & give cheek to them even if they are rude, abrupt or even if you know they are acting outside the boundaries of their remit. They decide whether you get on the plane or into their country, it pays to keep that in mind. Challenge them or back answer them, you won't be going anywhere so leave your grievances as I did for when I got home & could email the TSA. If they ask a question, answer the question they ask in a relevant, straight to the point, respectful & polite way IMHO. Its a serious business, treat it seriously!

As someone said here if you treat security with immigration & security with respect & learn to keep your mouth shut & not make any inappropriate remarks for the short time while you're in their vicinity you should have no difficulty & breeze through. I mean I've one of the most acidic, black sense of humours going but one has to know where & when to draw the line. Some people will never learn, many who get into trouble, I believe, bring the trouble on themselves.

Blimey, what she say it three times for, was she thick or had a few screws loose or something, doesn't sound to me like she was all there?