PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas, Alan Joyce’s personal play thing.
Old 29th Aug 2023, 09:05
Rataxes

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptCloudbuster
He’s a hypocrite. Like all Pollies he travels on QF and enjoys Business Class & Lounge access courtesy of us the taxpayers. To make a huge stand against QF he announces loudly & proudly he will not continue using a Company who has the audacity to promote a YES to the referendum. You see, he’s a loud and proud NO.🙄 His “principled “ stand started Aug 17th (see news date) and ended 9 days later on 26th (see twitter post). His followers are supposed to be impressed he wore his NO shirt in the club and on board.
Ah yes I see the date and comment. It does seem a little confused. Still, he identifies as Aboriginal and he knows what he wants and doesn't want. Doesn't seem quite right for you or I (both non-Aboriginal presumably) to be telling him how he should feel about this so-called voice. He obviously knows what it's about and feels it's the wrong thing for him and his. Why shouldn't he be proud of his stand?

Not a bad move wearing his No shirt in the lounge though. Good on him. I look forward to seeing more No shirts around the place as the date draws near.

I don't believe he's a 'pollie' though so it may not be the gov't paying for his travel. Maybe the advocacy group he works for pays for his campaign travel and they have a deal with Qantas and insist he pulls his head in. Maybe his post re Qantas and the lounge was to let everyone know before they get the wrong idea. You don't know.

In the bigger scheme of things his "hypocrisy" pales into insignificance beside that of Albo and Joyce, a love written in the stars. Or at least the sky.

Last edited by tail wheel; 29th Aug 2023 at 20:42. Reason: Remove the derogatory term Abo.