PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Caledonian Boeing 707s
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2023, 09:37
3greensok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordomac
Hundreds, if not more of us out there. Might need a new Thread-start.
what a great reply, thanks! Now you have me really interested. I thought the original HQ in Harley was above a chip shop, but it was a cake shop. Is that right?

My quick input ; School leaver in 1965, joined as Trainee Crewing Assistant. Housed over the cake shop in Horley, assisted in the office move to the Crawley Bowl. Trained by Rock Barton, Selwyn Thomas, Mike Selmes and others. Shot-down, regularly by Tosh Parlane and the Brit Skipper, Cass.

As a wannabee, welcomed on the FD on all days off by Roy Hermes, Maurice Lothian, Stew Calder, Les Goodfellow and many others. When I suggested that they sponsor my pilot training, they gave better advice, Pat Holt just fell about Larfing.

Made it to the sharp-end anyway but by then Cally had become Cally/BUA. Cripes. Got me blubbing already.

Sorry if this is repeated reply, still getting used to the system. Gordomac, thanks for the info plus you taught me something new. I thought it was a chip shop in Horley, not a cake shop. So you put me right on that. If anyone is interested, I have a 3 page original memo from the original Chairman of Caledonian (not Adam Thomson) which is in today’s terms hilarious regarding expectations of staff…