PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northumbria UK TDA closes airstrips
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2023, 16:56
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Lots of waffle from the proponents it seems to prove they can fly a drone from A to B. Already proven so you do not need a trial to demonstrate the drone can fly from A to B

The only I repeat only reason for a trial must be to see if it is beneficial to the NHS. I see only 2 comments

There was lots of talk about the need to use taxis for urgent deliveries and how costly that was
The question is what do you put in taxis. In 30 plus years of medical work I see we put people and medical instruments in taxis. Humans are too big to fit in these drones and the instruments are solid metal in metal trays measuring 2-3 feet by 2 feet ie too big and heavy.

​​​​​​​a nurse was saying how much quicker she could get her required medications delivered by drone
Nurse in hospitals get their medications from the hospital pharmacy. There is no purpose flying the drone from pharmacy on the ground floor to the ward on the first floor. Community nurses dont carry drugs because they go to patients' houses and ensure patients take the drugs they already have at home.

Sorry to sound like a worn record but there is no recurring and long term need to transport items between hospitals that can fit in drones and no need for any urgency. The NHS should be made to demonstrate need. No need, no disruption

The following 2 users liked this post by Radgirl: