PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2023, 15:20
menekse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardJones
After instructing I did ag flying for 10 years. Retired at 31. About as demanding it can get. More than one fatality at outfits I worked in 6 different countries, were exmilitary.
The fire bomber that crashed in Greece recently was crewed by military pilots. Not to point the finger, as noneone is amune. I was lucky. As better pilots than I were killed at it.
What about the perfectly serviceable RAAF B707 that was destroyed. Possibly that sought of thing should be done in the simulator?
On the jet trainer I was flying at Academy, if not out of spin by 5000ft, eject
That's it.
Let's see about this about this perfectly serviceable RAAF B707 that was destroyed
The 1991 RAAF Boeing 707 crash occurred on 29 October 1991, resulting in the loss of the aircraft and all five crew members. The aircraft, serial number A20-103 with the callsign Windsor 380, was on a training flight involving a demonstration of the aircraft's handling characteristics at minimum control speeds in a "double asymmetic" condition, with two of its four engines at idle power. During the non-approved manoeuvre, the aircraft stalled and entered a spin before crashing into
In civil aviation you do that only in simulator
Now let's see about this fire bomber
It was diving between mountains to drop water above the fire. This can change the balance of the aircraft rapidly plus the microclimate induced by the fire temperatures
Low altitude ops in unstable wind conditions with rapid change in aircraft balance.
Yes, you see it everyday in civilian operations