PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2023, 11:34
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by menekse
In my point of view, training is bussines
Asking a 20.000 hours commercial pilot to take a full course for a FI rating only benefits the flight schools and the prop instructors who make a living from that
I wouldn't give 10k+euros plus a full course even if I was fancy to teach on my off time
Students are harmed from this policy as instead of a highly qualified and experienced teacher, they will have some only propeller who payed some extra to the flight school for the FI course and now can say to friends that he is a pro
A fair amount of the instructor course involves developing and practicing the short and long briefs, this is the teaching material you will continue to use throughout your instructing. The practical aspect is teaching the sequences that lead up to the the issue of a licence. The test normally involves delivering a long and short brief, and then a sequence in the aircraft.

Having 20,000 hrs does not translate into being a good teacher. The best instructors I have worked with were former primary school teachers.

The more successful ATPL ground school instructors tend to also have previous teaching experience.
The following 2 users liked this post by swh: