PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2023, 11:06
menekse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
If a 20,0000 hour airline Type Rating Examiner without a FIR wishes to take up a job or a side gig as an ab initio flying instructor their previous airline TRE experience counts for squat, and they need to start from scratch with a grade 3 qualification. I have known several airline pilots who have taken such a course, never did they complain about having to start from scratch again or cry to a Tribunal to change the rules in their favour. They were humble enough to accept the rules and the new environment they were entering. Humility is an important attribute for a pilot. Arrogance is not.
In my point of view, training is bussines
Asking a 20.000 hours commercial pilot to take a full course for a FI rating only benefits the flight schools and the prop instructors who make a living from that
I wouldn't give 10k+euros plus a full course even if I was fancy to teach on my off time
Students are harmed from this policy as instead of a highly qualified and experienced teacher, they will have some only propeller who payed some extra to the flight school for the FI course and now can say to friends that he is a pro