PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2023, 10:40
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Whilst I would disagree with the statement "there's a drain in basic aeronautical knowledge in Australian aviation" that only RAAF pilots can fix, I'm scratching my head to why some here think that this pilot or any RAAF pilot are not allowed to become civilian flying instructors. They are certainly allowed to, as long as they meet the same prerequisites that civilian instructors do. Is spending about a year as a civilian flight instructor before getting a Grade 1 rating really too much for them to handle? Is the minimum amount of Grade 3 leading into Grade 2 instruction going to be an impossible task for this guy, even though his lawyer states he's pretty much one of the most skilled pilots in this country?
Never said that ex RAAF pilots are the complete answer to the drain, just they would be a welcome addition.

In regard to the 1 year as a grade 3, it may be that the school they propose to work at does not have the supervision capability, or they are looking to become a CFI/CP of a small organisation.