PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Personal Accident Policy
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2004, 04:28
aiglon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOPA

Oh, when will I learn to just walk away

I've re read the posts on this thread and it is clear that, to some, any criticism of the god AOPA is a serious crime.

to support AOPA is not to disparage anybody else.
No, but then neither is to not support it.

I must ask why people keep on popping up on various internet forums to bash AOPA as first rather than last resort, giving people like Martin absolutely no chance of taking action before being condemned
Philip, lets be clear, first, I am not "bashing" AOPA, merely expressing my opinion - that is OK with you, is it? Second, my comments are not in any way made as a first resort, I have attempted to engage in dialogue with several people in AOPA on issues which are important to me but vested interests seemed to get in the way. At least, that is the way it appeared to me.

someone needs to represent aircraft owners and pilots across the board, and nobody can do that but AOPA.
Pat, can't argue with the first part of that sentence but the problem with your conclusion is that AOPA doesn't adequately represent aircraft owners and pilots because it has other powerful vested interests.

I'm genuinely sorry that so many people seem to find any negative view on AOPA as heresy. Well, that is unfortunate because, IMHO, a variety of opinion is a healthy thing. As far as I am concerned, I am as entitled to my views as you are and I am just as entitled to express them.

Like any member based organisation, AOPA needs the support of its members but it must realise that it has no absolute right to expect that support automatically, it must work with and for its members.

Aiglon