PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2023, 16:36
Mr Mossberg

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts
There is an issue here also, that the reason a Grade 1 needs to have that ab-initio experience and 750 total TEACHING THE PART 61 MOS or equivalent, (most ICAO countries having very similar syllabi and standards) is because that grade qualifies you for a supervisory role, including HOO. Grade Threes need guidance and mentoring from a Grade 1. As do Grade 2s to a lesser extent.
Good point, took a while for it to come about

​​​​​​​I've seen about 3 schools in 20 that have even the basic form of Grade 1s actually mentoring Grade 3s. It's pie in the sky stuff, sounds great, and it's written in the rules, but in reality Grade 3s do mostly their own thing and that's it.
I'm a new participant here, but out of genuine interest, are you retired? And are you using ChatGPT? The bolded comment above, really? I've worked in lots of schools obviously started at Grade 3 (I didn't fly for the RAAF so couldn't skip straight to Grade1) and in every one of them the majority of Grade 3's would naturally gravitate to 2's and 1's for advice. And most HOO's tell Grade 3's on induction tell 3's 'if in doubt, ask a 2 then a 1.

In regards to Clare's comment above it further reinforces CASA's excellent decision.

The following users liked this post: