PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2023, 15:52
EXDAC

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
There is an issue here also, that the reason a Grade 1 needs to have that ab-initio experience and 750 total TEACHING THE PART 61 MOS or equivalent, (most ICAO countries having very similar syllabi and standards) is because that grade qualifies you for a supervisory role, including HOO. Grade Threes need guidance and mentoring from a Grade 1. As do Grade 2s to a lesser extent.
I can't comment on "most ICAO countries" but I can comment on FAA and USA. I hold FAA flight instructor ratings for glider, airplane single engine, and instrument. There are no "grades" of instructor in USA. The day I was issued each of those ratings I had the same instructor privileges as an instructor with 10,000 hours instruction given.

It was a little different in UK where I was granted glider "assistant instructor" privileges based on my FAA glider instructor rating and experience. I could not have been a "full cat" instructor without additional training.

Last edited by EXDAC; 26th Aug 2023 at 21:58. Reason: correct aircraft to airplane
The following users liked this post: