PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SunExpress recruitement for 2024 season is starting
Old 26th Aug 2023, 13:47
Mlambin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AviatorBoy_95
Hello,
I read again the information here and the following seems to be the negative side of the company:

Yesterday I had a look on FlightRadar at 2 AM and indeed there was almost half of the fleet in the sky. Is-it true that 80% of flights are at night? the above comment is from 2022, so maybe things are better now
Also, some flights are really long (for instance AYT -> DUB, it is 5 hours). For these kind of flights, is-it common that the same crew fly the two legs from and back to AYT? if so, so that would be at the very edge of the regulation in terms of flight duty period and I guess that it would require captain discretion.
Thanks for the feedback
First things first, online, you will only find people complaining.

With that said, it is true that there is a lot of night flight but 80% is a random and ridiculous number. An aircraft is usually used at his best and with 24hours in a day, you can expect flight at any time, morning, afternoon, whatever. Checking now, 48 flights and it's 4:30 pm.

​​​​​​Dublin is probably the longest flight we have (or one of them) Long day yes, but longer days means longer duty which usually means more off days because of legal limitations.

Nothing is perfect, I'm pretty happy with that. 150h duty and 12 days off in July.

Regarding crew meal, after an issue with the catering company, they started giving us money to compensate and so you can now decide to bring your own food or pre-order and it will be delivered to the aircraft. This is said to still be a transition system while looking at long term solution.

I don't have any complain about our uniform. I guess this is pretty personal.

​​​​​Hope it answers your questions.

Edit: I forgot about the hotels. Yes you will have layover in Turkey. Hotels aren't always the best but saying that they are low level is a bit harsh. Most of them are more than enough.