PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2023, 13:02
Mach E Avelli

Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts
Having waded through the tribunal report, I gather that because he had never trained ab initio students, CASA granted him a Grade 3, so they were not totally refusing to recognise his military instruction time. Maybe I got that wrong ? But if they granted him a G 3, he did not have to spend a cent before going to work, albeit at apprentice wages.
Instead of getting CASA offside by lawyering up (bad idea) why did he not grab the G 3, train a few pilots up to solo standard to prove his worth, then apply for a Grade 2 on the basis of prior experience, get that, add other approvals or endorsements based on prior experience, and do whatever qualifying hours or time or tasks needed for Grade 1? He probably could have knocked it all over in 18 months, and given an employer in need of his skills, without spending a cent.
I am no CASA lover, but (generally) got what I needed out of them by (usually) taking a non-antagonistic approach. Which is saying that unless they threaten you, don’t wind them up because it may come back to bite you.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 26th Aug 2023 at 13:25.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mach E Avelli: