PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2023, 09:23
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Spongeboeing
You wouldn't be taking any chances. It's just that a lot of initial filtering is done automatically so if you don't meet the hours their system will probably not even forward your application to a human recruitment officer. But don't worry. It looks like recruitment will continue well into 2024. They stated that 200 777/787 are expected next year hopefully and these airplanes are adding to the current fleet rather than replacing older airplanes. There will be a lot of internal command upgrades and they will need new FOs. Just create your profile, update it regularly and be patient. When you reach the hours submit the application.

On the other hand the pilot selection team are very approachable so you could just send them an email. Recruitment at Emirates takes time so maybe if you believe that you'll meet your hours quickly and before the day they'd consider you for assessment in Dubai they might let you do the online stages and then invite you to Dubai once you meet the hours requirement. It took my selection process slowly. From the day I submitted my application to the day I went to Dubai for the final assessment I added about 800h.
I hate to be picky, but read your own post. You said… 200 787/777 are expected next year….