PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 293 Sqn and Sgt J Lewis
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2023, 08:14
QuePee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
293 Sqdn crew

Originally Posted by JRDUKNZ
Just found this thread when searching for information about Warwick ASR crews. I'm from the UK but spend time in New Zealand. Bought a copy of AP1234 in a charity book sale over there and found tucked into it a 1943 Navigators's log for a mission over the North Sea. Unit was the Warwick Training Unit and I have deduced base was Bircham Newton (or maybe Docking). Have been researching the Navigators history - he was from NZ - but have drawn a blank on the pilot he was often crewed with ultimately in North Africa and Italy later in 1943 and through 1944 as they moved from 283 to 293 and back to 284 Sqns. Is there anyone on this thread who might have any info on B.O.Gregg (pilot) (Canadian) , K.H Kearse (navigator) (NZ) and WOp/AG Morrow. Have consulted ORB's at National Archives at Kew (where there is a photograph of Officers of Squadron with Gregg and Kearse (and others) named)
As you might have guessed I have been researching my father's old squadron (293Sq) over many years and have accumulated quite a bit of material. Looking through some of the official records I see the names of the crew you mentioned cropping quite frequently. See the example below,

This is just one example I picked out at random. If you need more examples please let me know.

QP