PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus H160 helicopter
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2023, 19:55
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
I would guess that at this point in the game current interior options are a MOD and not an STC item which would be more "standardised".

Airbus the parent don't normally design or make VIP interiors. It's either a MOD or STC from someone else marketed by ACH.

VIP interiors are a "minefield" and the parent is wise to stay away from it. i.e. Show me 2 Boeing BBJ's that are even close.

I visited Marignane back in 2018 and was given a tour of the production facilities and it was pointed out that the number of "options" on the basic aircraft were to be minimised and it was "all inclusive".

VIP structural options apart from the interior would only be hinged doors versus sliding.

Years ago we went to "Mc Alpine" to spec out an EC135 and sat down with the "gizmo's and trinkets" department and they didn't seem too aware about "weight issues" and had to rein them in.

They don't "mention" that part as they are more interested in the sale and it is easy to end up with a "lead balloon". Gravity is about the only constant here.

In the case of the H160 you could easily fill it up with that much junk that all the development in technology for performance ends up moot.

There are also "cultural" aspects - take the H145 MB version - some think it's great, some wouldn't be seen dead in it. Lets not get started on the poor techs who need operating theatre conditions in the hangar and a good supply of kid gloves and probably twice the number of man hours to work on it.

With VIP interiors at this level it is hard work and very easy to lose the plot.