PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2023, 17:04
MANFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mayfield62
Recently flew into Manchester from Doha (only 4 in business) and parked at the far end of T2. Walking out of the air bridge to a soulless corridor lined with plasterboard and grey lino on the floor. Hardly an image of an international gateway. Then walked along soulless corridors and not one of the travelators were working making it a 30 minute to the off-site station.

Yesterday I flew in from Houston and exited the air bridge and there were no signs. A group of us turned right watched on by some MAG staff in suits who let us walk half way down the corridor before telling us we were going the wrong way.

What did make me chuckle was the big sign saying renovations being undertaken by LPL (Liverpool?) Construction Services in association with MAG.
Ref your arrival on the Qatar flight, it sounds like stand A10 or A12. Yes, white walls and that grey lino! I don’t like it either, wall panels and tiled floor would have been much better and longer lasting!

For your arrival from Houston, I assume you arrived at a T2 legacy stand, when you exit the airbridge there should be signs stating that arrivals and toilets are to the left…although I haven’t arrived at these legacy gates since prior to their refurbishment…

Maybe some other users on this forum can provide further info…

Last edited by MANFAN; 24th Aug 2023 at 17:50.