PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick-3
Thread: Prestwick-3
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2023, 09:16
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
Which of course meant that through all the N Sea boom years Aberdeen was a cash cow and received almost nothing in return with money being shovelled into the bottom less pit at Prestwick and upgrades seemingly restricted to GLA & EDI - because that's were the voters were
Good point well made. I flew out of ABZ last month, the relative decline is apparent and sadly expected, if they had built out the terminal and spent a fair amount of CAPEX then it would be sitting fairly empty nowadays. It's actually a fairly decent airport in that it's not too busy but kinda peripheral now. It feels like the right size for what the traffic it handles. Still the sort of place that asking for hot food after 10pm in a busy airport hotel gets you strange looks.
The biggest irony for me is that PIK survives, even prospers off the back off the US War Machine. (not a criticism from me, I well remember the Starlifters supporting the Holy Loch) and yet it's arms length owned by an openly anti American SNP/Green government. They're happily having their cake and eating it.