PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOO GOOD FOR GA?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2023, 04:40
zegnaangelo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I read the case, seems the AAT and CASA's decision is well reasoned

What is unclear to me is the Applicant sought 9 ratings, but only argued 4 with the AAT. The remainder 5, would be given by CASA, but Applicant has refused. Was a G3FIR rating part of that?

It seems to be G3 needs 200hours (?) of ab-initio experience before being able to graduate. Given the Applicant does not seem to have any ab-initio training experience, I am not even sure how he can ask for a G1 rating. As it stands, I have been instructed by a senior G1, but I dont think they were a particularly good ab-initio instructor, what more a person who has never done it at all...

As an aside, I guess another pilot could presumably train and get a G3, then go on instructing to fly the Space Shuttle. But never be able to advance to G2 or above.

1. By the Decision, CASA refused to grant nine authorisations sought by the Applicant.

Prior to the commencement of the hearing, CASA conceded that a number of the authorisations sought by the Applicant should be granted and the Applicant advised that he no longer pursued certain authorisations. The authorisations still in dispute area) Flight Instructor Rating: Grade 1 training endorsement (FIR-Grade 1);(b) Flight Instructor Rating Instructor rating training endorsement (FIR-FIR);

(c) Flight Instructor Rating with multi-engine aeroplane class rating instructor training endorsement (FIR-MEAI); and

(d) Flight Instructor Rating Multi-crew pilot training endorsement (FIR-MCP).
https://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/v...2023/2628.html