PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2023, 14:40
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Makiko
Its not national benefit , its of national importance , well beyond a single employer , impacting significant portion of aviation industry . USImmi says proposed employment plan "substantial merit & national importance". Your garden variety TRIs/TRE/Training/Fleet managers at Virgin/QF would have zero possibility. You would really need quals/experience/expertise out of the box

The visa is for the Americans to hover up leading PhDs scientists/engineers with proven research outputs in areas that are important to US national interest

It would be enlightening to see one single solitary Australian on linked or name or something that actual works for a US Major , but we won't because there aren't any as they can't get the visa

Standby for the Walter Mitty's "I say , I say , I say ,My mate , My mate , My mate......." Start a thread for the US Major fiction

External hiring has followed internal hiring over last few years & internals have been told hiring in January 2024
Well for one dropyoursocks on here is an Aussie working for a major.

There’s another Bankrupt84 starting with AA in a couple of month through the flow through. He won the lottery.

There’s another that’s at delta that I’m friends with that I knew from back back in 2008 that did the EB2-NIW thing.

I’ve run into at least 2 others that are at Commutair that have been sponsored for green cards, and it’s only a matter of time once they have those they’ll move on to a legacy carrier.
The following 2 users liked this post by havick: