PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2023
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2023, 10:02
Will66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DizzyLizzy1712
incredible story will, very touching to hear should be very proud of how far you have came!!! I am glad tho more females are being accepted into the industry I remember when I was younger never feeling good enough cause I was a girl sounds stupid but that was the reality, it’s refreshing knowing more and more girls are wanting to become pilots and live their dreams!!
Thanks for that! Absolutely! It’s a great thing to see; working in dispatch and having to liaise with the flight deck, I haven’t had a single female pilot that has snapped at me, been angry or annoyed with say late paperwork or operational issues within the airport, they’re always reassuring and letting me know I’m doing a good job, the males on the other hand, I can’t say the same.

I can’t really say why that is, maybe it’s the caring instinct, but I’ve never understood why women would be assumed to be bad pilots, I guess it comes with the stereotypical “women drivers”. Glad attitudes are changing though! And good luck to you